Understanding each generation and why they are the way they are, will help us to not only work better together but allow us to tailor our communication and responsibilities. Moreover, this will ultimately lead to greater job fulfillment. So let’s begin with the Baby Boomers, usually born between 1946 and 1964. For many years they were the largest segment of the American population. Now, they are fast being outnumbered by Millennials.
Formative events during their lifetime:
Family and work
is tangible through material possessions
On the Job:
- Prefer a balance of voicemail, email, face-to-face, and meetings
- First-generation to experience electronic communication
- “Call me anytime” mentality
- Appreciate being sought out for advice
- Feel rewarded by money, recognition, and awards
Messages that Motivate:
are important to our success
need your experience and expertise
contribution is unique and important
DentalPost is the dental industry’s premier and largest online and mobile job board.
We connect and educate more than 850,000 job seekers in the U.S. and Canada to build better places to work through teams that excel.