Most of us know what it’s like to be the one cleaning the teeth. All sorts of thoughts run through our heads (many of which we probably can’t say out loud).
But there’s, obviously, another character in the room while you’re cleaning — the patient! Here are 8 things your dental patient is probably thinking while sitting in the chair.
What’s your dental patient thinking?
8. “When was the last time I flossed?”
Listen here — we can tell if flossing isn’t part of your daily regime. Don’t try to fake it.
7. “Do you think they can tell I just drank coffee?”
Nothing’s quite like opening a dental patient’s mouth to a burst of espresso.
6. “They definitely can. I should have probably used a mint.”
You’re right. We can. And we know what you ate for lunch today.
5. “What the heck does that sharp tool do and — more importantly — where are you going to put it?”
It’s called a scaler, and it’s going in — surprise! — your mouth.
4. “Do I get to be sedated for this?”
Are you trying to have the next “David After Dentist” viral video?
3. “How can I answer that question with your hands in my mouth?”
Hey, just be glad that I didn’t ask you to recite the alphabet.
2. “This saliva sucking tool is making me drier than a desert.”
This saliva suction device is making sure I do my job correctly. I promise both you and I don’t want you to have a mouthful of spit right now…
1. “I’m so pumped for my new toothbrush!”
Me too. Now use it!
To be fair, we couldn’t do it without our dental patients. We love their quirks (but still wish they’d floss more). Is there anything you would add to this list? Let us know on Facebook!DentalPost Blog