Presenter: Dr. Poonam Jain
Credits: 1 CEU
AGD Subject Code: 780
Webinar Begins: 1/26/23 7:00 PM ET
6:00 PM CT
4:00 PM PT
Glass ionomer materials are the only materials in wide use that bond chemically to tooth structure, release fluoride and have similar coefficient of thermal expansion as enamel and dentin. This CE webinar will focus on the expanded use of glass ionomer materials that is now available and has the potential to change the way direct restorative dentistry is practiced.
Glass ionomers have long been considered materials suitable for use as liners, bases, restorative materials for pediatric and geriatric use, root caries and interim restorative materials for permanent adult teeth. Evidence on long-term success rate of glass ionomer materials as direct restorative materials on adult permanent teeth will be presented and discussed. Clinical cases demonstrating use of these materials will be presented as well.
After attending this CE webinar, participants will be able to:
• Discuss the unique chemistry of glass ionomer materials that allows chemical bonding and fluoride release in a stable material
• Describe the advantages of using glass ionomers for direct restorative dentistry
• Describe the expanded uses of glass ionomer materials on permanent adult teeth
• Compare and contrast glass ionomers with other direct restorative materials
• Describe the steps in placement of these materials