One of the top pediatric dental practices in Chicago is looking for a coronal
polish certified Dental Assistant to add to our fun and skilled team. We need
someone who can perform basic dental procedures, such as cleanings and patient
x-rays, maintain accurate and thorough electronic charting and has a talent for
building rapport with young patients, who may be scared or anxious.
The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical
skills. Responsibilities may include:
• Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
• Prepare examination and surgical rooms by sterilizing instruments and moving
equipment into place
• Assist in updating and maintaining client dental records
• Perform routine dental cleanings and assist in the performance of more
complicated surgical procedures
• Provide support to dentists and staff as needed
• Offer patients advice and materials necessary to maintain good dental health
• Prevent the spread of infection and disease by maintaining a surgically clean
The ideal candidate
• Has experience with Eaglesoft, digital X-rays and pediatric dentistry
• Remains calm and tactful amid a fast-paced work environment
• Promotes positive teamwork and cohesiveness between the staff
• Has strong time management skills and is comfortable multi-tasking
This is a part-time position with the potential to move into a full-time role.
**If interested, please email [please sign-in to view contact information] and put "Pediatric
Dental Assistant Resume" in the subject line.