Orthodontics Front Desk (Observation Coordinator)
Searching for full-time (32 hours) orthodontic front desk position.
The Observation Coordinator’s primary job is to sweep patients off their feet the
moment they walk through the door and managing the appointment schedule throughout
The Observation Coordinator, with excellent verbal skills and body language will
communicate both in person and via telephone how our office is about taking care of
people by demonstrating excellent customer service, a clean reception area and
sincere environment. Must be able to manage multiple duties while creating a fun,
exciting, and professional environment.
Outcomes required of the Observation Coordinator:
1. The first impression of the office; be amazing from the first phone call to
meeting them face-to-face.
2. Delivering highest level of customer service; must be on their “A-game”
each day to exceed patient’s expectations (high energy, well rested & focused)
3. Dependable: must be counted on to be at work each day. This includes
times when you are tired or feel under the weather. The rest of the team depends
on you to help us run as a well-oiled machine.
4. Answering and fielding patient phone calls with excellent verbal skills and
a “smiling voice”. You want the person on the other end of the phone to envision
5. Must be able to multitask multiple tasks at one time i.e. answering phone
while also smiling at the patient in front of you that needs an appointment.
6. Make certain that all patients have their next appointment scheduled prior
to leaving the office. This is very important for observation patients because
they may not be seen again for 9 months. Observation patients are the practice’s
7. Run monthly observation lists to identify which observation patients don’t
have a current appointment and follow up w/ pts who missed scheduled appointments.
8. Checking and answering office emails daily.
9. Ensure that all online patient forms are completed and insurance verified
prior to exam date for a smoother experience at least 2-3 days prior to visit.
10. Writing thank you letters and gift orders for patient referrals
11. Must be able to help patients with their financial account if questions
arise, posting payments
JENNINGS ORTHODONTICS CORE VALUES
1. Positive attitude
We will commit to staying positive, being enthusiastic, and improving our
culture. Your attitude defines whether you’ll have a good day or not and others
will feed off this whether positive or negative.
We will deliver on our word to ourselves, to our team, and to our patients.
“You can count on me!”
We will pride ourselves in excellence in every step, big or small, by delivering
“Wow” and creating a personalized experience for every patient.
We will take ownership for our actions without blaming others. We won’t use
words like “try, can’t or because”. We will be able to give and receive
constructive feedback without making things personal.
We will commit to building trust, loyalty, and respect between team members. If
there is a concern, you will discuss with team member in person and not behind
We will commit to grow personally and as a team. We will commit to an
environment of change which requires constant improvement, staying focused, and