* Position has a strong possibility of becoming a full time position*
The primary purpose of the Patient Care Coordinator is to schedule patients,
patients, create and update patient files and process billing information timely
and accurately to ensure the patient’s visit is smooth. The scope of the work
encompasses a variety of clerical duties which promote effective and efficient
operation of the practice and fosters favorable public relations with patients,
parents, staff and referring doctors.
• Schedules patient appointments in appropriate and timely manner in order to
maintain full daily schedule and meet production goals.
• Monitor/track Broken Appointments (BAs).
• Notify clinical staff of change in schedule as soon as it occurs.
• First in line to answer incoming calls and respond to caller in
professional and positive manner.
• Puts NP documents together and sends to patient a minimum of 2 weeks in
• Greet patients immediately upon arrival in pleasant and positive manner.
• Perform check-in procedures; obtain appropriate signatures for required
• Enters New Patient (NP) into computer.
• At check out, collect payment from patient in the form of cash, check,
• Discuss financial options with patients and enter into computer
• Calls for insurance benefits and enters into computer.
• Collect and maintain current information regarding insurance fee schedules
• Confirm all charges from the day sheet against routing slips.
• Able to perform “close out” procedures at end of day.
• Perform all other duties as requested by Practice Administrator or Dentist.
• Is professional in appearance at all times.
Experience in oral surgery is preferred; however, we will train motivated
individuals with a background in medicine, dentistry and/or customer service. We
strive to provide excellent patient care in a supportive and successful work