Dental Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient,
instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; billing;
scheduling of appointments and recalls; education of staff and residents;
performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Dental Assistant Job Duties:
• Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures
• Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting,
seating, and draping patient.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions
• Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to
treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning;
• Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on
instruments and in the patient's mouth.
• Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic
studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
• Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating
temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr
certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and
• Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control
policies and protocols.
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment
inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine
inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders
for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to
accomplish job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Oversees and ensures proper billing takes place.
• Coordinates scheduling of appointments and recall visits.
• Assists with the education of residents in the clinic and staff who
assist with resident care.
• Assists Dentist and Hygienist as directed.
Dental Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Dental Health Maintenance, Use of Dental Technology, Infection Control, Patient
Services, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Listening, Teamwork, Bedside
Manner, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Use of Medical Technologies,
Performing Diagnostic Procedures, DANB CDA certified
.Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, strongly