Registered Dental Assistant:
No experience necessary.
To start in sterilization and room set-up.
In private family practice.
Current Location is I-45/xxxx area
Will be moving to Springwoods Village St. Luke’s Hospital in June xxxx (zip code xxxx9)
Professional. Outgoing. Self Motivator.
Experience with dental software a plus.
Good communication skills for a private family dental practice.
• Must be a Registered Dental Assistant.
• Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, taking
blood pressure, and draping patient.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
• Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment
area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
• Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and
also in the patient's mouth – including but not limited to cement, fluoride,
impression materials, water, etc.
• Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies;
pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR
certification, and emergency telephone directory.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative
• Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules,
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance
requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions;
calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment
• Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory
levels; anticipating needed supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
• Tracking lab cases to ensure they are received in time for patient appointments.
• Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to
accomplish job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
participating in professional societies.
• Familiar with front office duties and able to perform them when needed –
verifying insurance, confirming appointments, answering the phone, welcoming
• Must maintain current RDA certification.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.