Our amazing South Texas Dental teams are looking for a Full-Time Registered
Dental Hygienist to work 4-5 days per week in 3 of our San Antonio offices.
Regular hours, benefits, and exceptional practice culture!
* Mondays, 10-6
* Wednesdays, 10-6
* Saturdays, 9-3
xxx Southwest Military Drive
* Tuesdays, 9-5
* Fridays, 9-5
xxxx W. Commerce Street
* Thursdays, 11-7
We are a patient-focused practice and need someone who is fun and friendly
while still dedicated to serving our patient’s needs.
Are you a Registered Dental Hygienist seeking a career opportunity with full
benefits in a playful environment where there are balloons on the walls and
community events? You can find this and more at South Texas Dental - where we
believe patients are the focus of all we do in providing quality care and our
goal is to invest in your clinical and professional development.
South Texas Dental is a practice where you will be able to provide exceptional
patient care and enjoy your daily work as a respected professional and team
• Provide oral prophylaxis, sealants, fluoride varnish and other preventive
• Perform scaling and root planning to treat and manage periodontal disease
• Proficient in communicating chairside adjunctive care services and products
to the patient
• Promote the use of irrigation, local delivery of antimicrobials (Arestin),
• Proactive in communicating treatment by looking at risk factors to prevent
• Provide oral health motivation to encourage patients to be healthy
• Educate and instruct patients on the importance of oral health, proper oral
hygiene; offer recommendations for products/services; provide other health care
education as necessary
• Ensure all OSHA, Dental Board, and WDS policies and procedures are properly
• Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned and allowed under
applicable state laws and regulations.
• Bilingual, a bonus, Spanish speaking helpful
Successful Candidate Profile:
• Independently motivated and self-directed
• Have a proven history of working well with a team in a fast-paced
• Professional, outgoing, kind, exceptional chairside and customer service
skills with people of all ages
• Comfortable educating patients on their oral health and treating periodontal
• Ability to work a schedule to meet the needs of the business
• Texas certification and successful completion of hygienist licensure
examinations (national and state or regional).
• Prefer one year of work experience, but for those new grads motivated to
a hygiene program in a dental office and can keep up with the team, you are
welcome to apply!
• Must have a current X-Ray License & CPR certification
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation based on experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package
• Excellent health insurance plan - 75% of the core healthcare premium is
paid by STDA
• Dental discount and vision plans
• 6 free visits to the Employee Assistance Program
• Family, Legal, & Financial Counseling
• $25k life insurance policy - premium paid by STDA
• Paid holidays & Time Off
• xxxk plan
Why work at South Texas Dental?
Quality of Work Life! We believe in teamwork and respect. South Texas Dental
employees enjoy working with each other!
Our Patients Love Us!
We know that our families love our doctors based upon our Patient Survey
- 94% of patients were satisfied with their visit and 95% of patients were
satisfied with their dentist! (National Business Research Institute, May xxxx).
Our goal is to provide comprehensive and compassionate evidence-based dentistry
that continues to earn the trust of our patients and community!
South Texas Dental was founded by a group of dentists, with the goal of
making quality dental care available and affordable for more families than ever
before. Today, we've expanded to 37 offices in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, and
San Antonio, with more to come. Our family-oriented offices are all designed to
be child-friendly, with fun play areas and experienced dentists for both adults
and children. We work hard to make dental visits a healthy and fun experience
for every family member, starting as young as 6 months old. We also offer
convenient evening and weekend hours, we speak English and Spanish in all of
our offices, we accept Medicaid, CHIP, most PPO and DMO, including Aetna,
MetLife, Cigna, Delta, and United Healthcare, credit cards and cash, and we have
several payment plan options.
South Texas Dental is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed,
religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other
classification protected by applicable law.
Regional Talent Acquisition Manager
STX Healthcare Management Services, South Texas Dental, Vital Smiles
[please sign-in to view contact information]