Position Summary: Dental Assistant:
Non-profit dental clinic seeks friendly, compassionate, energetic dental
assistant. Experience required. Spanish bi-lingual is preferred. Position
is full-time or part-time and pay will be commensurate with experience. Please
email detailed resume to [please sign-in to view contact information]
Dental Assistant Job Purpose: Supports dental care delivery by preparing
treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and
materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Dental Assistant Job Duties:
• Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed FQHC
procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating,
and draping patient.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions
• Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to
treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning;
• Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic
studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
• Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating
temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR
certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and
• Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to FQHC infection-control
policies and protocols.
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting
malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating
new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine
inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for
supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending FQHC
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing
personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: 6-12 Months Experience Required. Dental Health
Maintenance, Use of Dental Technology, Infection Control, Patient Services,
Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Listening, Teamwork, Bedside Manner,
Health Promotion and Maintenance, Use of Medical Technologies, Performing