Growing Comprehensive and Cosmetic Dental Practice in Smyrna Seeking Experienced
Full Time Registered Dental Hygienist.
Our office is opened Monday through Thursday, and we are opened as late as 7pm
Twice a week. We are very fortunate to have a team where everyone genuinely
likes each other and will go out of their way to help their fellow teammates, our
patients, and our doctor.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A TRUE RAY OF SUNSHINE - after all, our Dental Hygienist plays
an integral part in educating and informing patients about their oral health. Your
smile and positive attitude need to radiate through your entire being.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the direct provision of oral
hygiene and appropriate preventive service to dental patients.
We look forward to hearing from you!
With Sincerest Regards,
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Graduation from an accredited School of Dental Hygiene–must be a Registered
• Dental hygienists must be licensed and in good standing with the state of GA.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a MUST.
• Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse
• Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals.
• Must be able to articulate the benefits of treatment to patients.
• Proficiency in Dentrix, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Strong communication skills, including writing skills and the ability to speak
English well in front of patients and over the phone.
• Dental hygienists must be willing to partner with the dentist, work well as a
part of the entire dental team, be open to assisted hygiene and should have good
eye sight and manual dexterity, because they use dental instruments within a
patient’s mouth, with little room for error.
• Assess patients’ teeth, bone, and periodontal tissues indicating the presence of
any abnormalities or suspected diseases or conditions.
• Co-diagnose with the dentist to develop appropriate periodontal treatment plans.
• Bring to the immediate attention of the dentist any suspected lesion(s) in the
mouth or on the teeth.
• Thoroughly remove soft and hard deposits and extrinsic stains from teeth, using
hand instruments, ultrasonic cavitron inserts, and prophy hand pieces.
• Instruct patients on how to practice proper oral hygiene; make recommendations
as to appropriate products or devices for patients’ home care; provide other
health care education, as necessary.
• Perform prophylaxis in the absence of periodontal disease or gingivitis.
• Perform full-mouth debridement, either as a first stage gingivitis therapy, or
to remove interfering calculus to further enable a more accurate diagnosis and
• Perform root planing as a periodontal therapy.
• Place locally-administered antibiotics as supportive periodontal therapy.
• Implement irrigation and desensitizing procedures or products as adjunctive to
• Expose dental X-rays (intraoral and extraoral) and take intraoral camera photos
• Apply cavity-preventive agents, such as fluorides and pit and fissure sealants.
• Make recommendations as to patients’ recare interval and follow-up needs.
• Manage an accelerated schedule
• Actively schedule patients(pre-appoint) for recall and perio maintenance and
call patients(unscheduled, post op) during down time
• Accuracy, Honesty, Integrity, DETAIL ORIENTED and an ability to always see room
for improvement within one's own performance. MUST BE ABLE TO FOLLOW
INSTRUCTIONS and document well.
• Be a team player and adapt to office policy improvements (office is constantly
striving for improved customer care/service).
• Possess conflict resolution experience. We like to get along, and we love our
patients and our team. We are looking for someone who can spot a potential
problem and resolve it before it becomes an issue.
Have customer service and patient relations experience. Quick response/accurate
•All other duties and responsibilities as assigned and allowed under applicable
state laws and regulations.
If you believe that our requirements and responsibilities fit who you are, we
would like to hear from you. Please EMAIL US WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1) A letter of introduction
2) Your resume with qualifications, your DISC personality assessment and other
assessments completed on the dentalpost website, and
3) Ready and available professional references from previous employers and
coworkers to affirm your ultimate integrity and ethical standards.
4) Your salary requirements to the following email address: .........
[please sign-in to view contact information]
THANK YOU for your attention to detail! We look forward to hearing from you.