Seeking a team oriented dental assistant to support the clinical team at a
premier dental office in North Char-lotte. Ability to manage multiple
responsibilities to ensure exceptional patient care and operational efficiency.
Position Title: Dental Assistant / Clinic Rover
Reports To: Office Manager Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Non-exempt, Regular, “At-will” Work Status, Part-time/Full-time
Under direct and indirect supervision, the chair-side assistant will assist the
Dentist, Dental Hygienist, and Dental Assistants in both administrative and
clinical duties. Provide patient and practice support services.
· Escort patients to work stations and answer any general questions or
forward patient questions or concerns to office manager or dentist when
· Timely prepare treatment area by sterilizing, positioning, and
delivering instruments for dentist’s access.
· Actively provide hand instruments and materials as needed to Dentist,
Hygienist, or Dental Assistant during exams and procedures in order to help
maintain patient comfort and efficiency.
· Using and maintaining hazard control protocols as established by OSHA
and office standards.
· Assist with confirming appointments, collecting patient payments,
preparing billing, processing insur-ance
forms, reception duties, and scheduling patients for procedures when needed.
· Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and
· Maintain regular attendance and adhere to assigned work schedule and
· Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines
and task assignments.
· Must be able to work independently and cooperatively in team settings.
· Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
· Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office
· Adhere to office policy and procedures when collecting payments.
· Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor
and attitude while working
around blood and unpleasant smells.
· Must be detail oriented in order to work efficiently in small spaces
and maintain patient comfort.
· Must be flexible and understand that job duties may change from time to
time and that this individual
may be asked to assist in other areas of the office.
· Must excel in forward thinking in order to anticipate the needs of the
doctor as well as the patient.
· Must demonstrate active listening by giving full attention to what
other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made,
asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Must demonstrate good reading comprehension by understanding written
sentences and paragraphs
in work-related documents.
· Must demonstrate excellent communication skills by talking to others to
convey Information effectively.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· High school diploma or GED certificate.
· Preferred diploma or certificate from an approved dental assisting
program as accredited by CODA.
· Preferred one year of dental practice experience.