As a Pediatric Dental Assistant you will have the opportunity to join a stable
organization that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your
contribution, and provides you with a career rather than just a job.
• Assist the dentist as necessary to gain the patient's commitment for the
best possible treatment with urgency.
• Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state's Dental
Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
• Actively participate in attempting to achieve the Perfect Patient
Experience® by striving to keep your patients focused on the best possible
treatment with urgency.
• Attend to the patient's individual concerns and expectations.
• Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients
feel comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors -
thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
• At the direction of the dentist, obtain dental history and/or records
from patient, and complete x-rays and intra-oral pictures of patients as
• Prepare tray setups for dental procedures.
• Present instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths
dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
• At the direction of the dentist, instruct patients on postoperative/
general oral health care, and record patient charting and all doctor notes on
treatment record.• Sterilize and disinfect instruments, equipment, and
operatories in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
• Maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as
needed.• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations,
(e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA,ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
• Even-tempered analytics that can render quick appropriate decisions and
• Must be attentive listeners who can address problems, suggestions, and
• Specified training courses as mandated by state for certification,
licensure or registration requirements.
• Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED); Or,
• Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or
technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: As mandated by applicable state
(e.g. coronal polish, x-ray exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic
procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc).
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn,
we'll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your
family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive
talents and strengths--and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards
If you are interested in the opportunity, please submit your resume by clicking
If you prefer to apply directly online, you can follow the link below: