MIN 1 YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
MUST BE BILINGUAL
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME OR CALL FOR SPECIFIC LOCATION OPENING!!!!
The Dental Assistant works under the supervision of the Clinical Coordinator and
are responsible for a wide range of tasks in the dental office - ranging from
patient care and education to administrative duties to laboratory functions.
Note: All employees need to be flexible and available to provide dental
assistance and perform front desk duties based on the patient needs and as
directed by clinic management.
• Instruments: Sterilize dental instruments and equipment for each
patient; Organize and lay out instruments for use; Hand instruments and other
materials to dentist during procedures
• Patients/Interpersonal: Question patients about their medical history
and record the information for dentist's reference; Advise patients on effective
dental care; Manage patients - help patients feel comfortable before, during and
after dental treatment
• Patients/Clinical: Take x-rays of patients' teeth; Take impressions of
patients' teeth for casts to fabricate study models or to fabricate a temporary;
Make temporary crowns
• Assisting Dentist/Preparation: Prepare cements, composite, impression
• Assisting Dentist/Patient Care: Use suction and swabs to keep patients'
mouths clear and dry during procedures; Apply topical anesthetic to patients'
mouths; Place and remove rubber dams, matrices and wedges; Apply cavity lines
• Administration: Obtaining patients' dental records; Complete Dental
• Infection Control: Perform dental infection control plan management to
conform to CDC, OSHA and ADA standards. Follow clinical guidelines for
sterilization, disinfection, instrument cleaning and dental treatment room
• Team Support: provide assistance in others areas of the clinic, as
• Community Outreach: As requested, promote JDC by attending neighborhood
events or visiting local businesses and distributing flyers and "goodie-bags" to
• Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
• Minimum age of 18 with High School Diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a professional office environment with
customer interface highly desired
• RDA certification highly desired, required within six months of start
• Intermediate to advance computer use and data entry skills
• Reliable transportation; Ability to work clinic hours: VARIES BY
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this
job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an
The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle files, objects, tools,
or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and reach with
hands. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel
or crouch. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard and mouse and views
computer monitor frequently.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
For more information please contact this post or apply directly at