Front Desk Administrator - Insurance and Treatment Coordinator
The Insurance Coordinator is a key member and contributor to the success of the
Practice. This “attention to detail” position provides in-depth support for all
insurance related duties of the office. This position is responsible for the
coordination and processing of insurance payments, verifications, all billing,
coordination of benefits, and ongoing communications with insurance carriers.
Great interpersonal skills are required to build rapport with the patients,
staff and insurance carriers.
- Processes all insurance billings for patient services.
- Responsible for insurance verifications and accurate communications to staff
and patients regarding the insurance coverage.
- Ensures coordination of benefits are accurate and considered as part of the
- Serves as a liaison between insurance carriers, staff and patients to resolve
any concerns and maintain a positive working relationship.
- Ensures all insurance related duties are completed in a timely and accurate
manner to ensure excellent patient relations and financial success for the
- Makes definite financial agreements with each patient in accordance with
- Running regular reports to track aging claims and pre-treatment estimates
- Calling to check on unpaid claims status
- Running reports to identify procedures not claimed
- Duties also include, but limited to, preparing treatment plans daily, running
end-of-day and end-of-month reports, calling patients to schedule outstanding
treatment, leading morning huddles
- 1-2 years dental insurance/billing experience is required
- Knowledge in federal and state regulations
- Accuracy and organization are a must
- Familiarity with financial plans, PPO insurance
- Fee-for-service billing experience helpful
- Eaglesoft experience helpful