Would you LOVE to lead our dental assistant team? Are you ready for the
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Supervisor of Dental Assistants!
The right candidate will be responsible for performing dental duties related to
the development and implementation of training guidelines and directing the
activities of the Dental Assistants/Receptionists under the guidelines set by
the dental clinic.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable
medical insurance, Rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long
term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Salary Rate: $ 41,xxx-43,xxx
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with
us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
• Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.
• Four years+ of full-time work experience as a dental assistant
• Two years’ of full-time supervisory and training experience in related field
• Previous experience in a Community Health Center or completion of a Dental
Assistant program required
• Must be willing to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
• CPR (must be obtained within 6-months of employment)
• Must have a working knowledge of dental terminology, tooth numbering systems,
proper infection control techniques, sterilization techniques, radiology
techniques, instrumentation, chairside assisting, oral evacuation systems and
• Previous experience with digital x-rays and electronic dental records
• Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization
• Customer Service Oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
• Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
• Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
• Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
• Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
• Will assist the Dental Director when providing dental care to CHW patients.
• Accessing and managing inventory
• Facilitating patient flow to achieve productivity goals of 2 patients per
hour in accordance with state and local laws, established clinic scope of
services, and in accordance with priorities and goals adopted by the Coastal
Health & Wellness Governing Board.
• Works with staff to accomplish dental clinic goals and to Identify and
address patient flow barriers
• Works with the Dental Director to develop and implement training guidelines
• Directs staff to meet daily clinical and business needs, including but not
limited to, taking digital x-rays, follow-up with patients who need referral or
follow-up care, answering phones; making referrals; keeping copies of patient
health education materials available; ordering supplies; submitting building
maintenance requests; maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly clinic.
• Performs all duties in accordance with Health District policies and
• Ensures HIPAA and JCAHO guidelines are followed.
• Facilitates communications with dental providers, dental staff, and other
staff to streamline patient care activities, and communicates with executive
managers on a regular basis to identify problems and seek approved solutions.
• Focuses on facilitating patient flow in and out of operatories with the goal
of keeping the operatories filled with scheduled and same day appointments
(SDA) as well as walk-in patients when applicable.
• Develops written reports to be submitted to management.
• Verifies accuracy of the Daily Dental Clinic Report Template.
• Notifies Clinic Director of issues with that are impacting goals.
• Reports performance concerns of dental staff to all the appropriate
• Facilitates weekly departmental meetings for dental assistants and provides
training updates for EDR and digital radiography.
• Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans,
procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements.
• Participates in both Quality Assurance Committee and the Infectious Disease
• Responsible for ensuring staff is trained in sterilization and maintenance of
dental instruments / equipment and is performed per manufacturer's recommended
schedule and Dental Department and Infection Control guidelines.
• Responsible for ensuring all bio-hazardous waste is disposed of properly
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-
opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be
submitted by fax to (xxx) xxx-xxxx, emailed to [please sign-in to view contact information] or in person at
xxxx-A, Suite A-xxx, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX xxxx1.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of