Hygiene Coordinator - Previous Dental office experience a must. Dentrix
Purpose of the Position: The Hygiene Coordinator is responsible for performing
all functions of the front office as they relate to developing, coordinating
and maintaining a productive hygiene schedule. Required to schedule,
reschedule, and reactivate patients to maximize the hygiene department
production, ensuring patients get and stay healthy.
• Primary responsibility is to keep the hygiene schedule full. Keep a current
unscheduled and a ASAP list (short call list, etc) of patients who would like
to appointment sooner than currently scheduled appointment.
• Make daily hygiene confirmation calls 3 days out.
• Verify all hygiene patient’s insurance coverage information including
amounts of coverage. If providing treatment recommendations, educate patient
on estimated patient portion.
• Answer inbound calls. Act as the face of the practice. Provide patient with
a caring, supportive
• Process all on-line new patient paperwork for hygiene patients.
• Make continuing Care calls weekly.
• Primary person responsible for checking the fax machine. Make sure all fax
requests are processed or handed off to responsible party.
• Batch Insurance claims during lunch.
• Back-up for doing end-of-day paperwork.
• Run recall report and present results during monthly staff meeting.
• Take notes during monthly staff meeting.
• Make appointment when necessary.
• Check-out patients, collect patient portion, post to their account, print
• Prepare and present treatment plans and discuss financial options.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Contact person for Lumineer/Invisilign consults. Maintain spreadsheet to
• Schedule 4 consults per week.
• Maintain 80% Hygienist filled hours.