Responsible for the first point of contact for our patients at their local
office, and also have key responsibilities in the coordination of many day-to-
day office activities. Also responsible for developing, delivering, and
closing treatment plans for patients. Responsible for patient greeting,
clerical duties, maintaining lobby area & front desk, patient dispute
resolution, and insurance claim filing.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Greet patients with enthusiasm and a smile, call patient by name.
• Check patients in and update information.
• Verify treatment plans and financial information to patient upon
• Notify clinical staff of schedule changes and patient arrivals.
• Indicate patient arrivals in practice management software.
• Follow up calls at the end of the day.
• Personal thank you calls to patients that refer a friend or family
• Maintain the waiting room during the day.
• Educating patients with clear and concise treatment plan presentations.
• Committing patients to begin treatment.
• Work as a team to maximize case acceptance.
• Scan all patient documentation into practice management software.
• Schedule all treatment.
• Consult with patients on financing options.
• Return patient phone calls.
• Attempt to contact doctor book patients when they are five minutes late.
• Follow up on unscheduled treatment.
• Maintain clean and organized working environment at the front desk and
in the consult rooms.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic understanding of dental insurance
• Excellent customer service skills
• Developed presentation skills
• Working knowledge of practice management software
• Proficient in Windows and MS Office software
• Ability to work varied hours
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Detail oriented