Here at Kool Smiles, our teams don't just shape smiles -- they shape the lives
of families every single day. Working at Kool Smiles means being challenged,
having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a
friend, and being part of a change that starts with a child. We are the
nation's leader in general dental care to underserved kids, teens, and adults.
Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. Currently,
Kool Smiles is operating in over xxx locations, with more opening every year.
This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you
will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Kool Smiles is looking for a Dental Assistant ready to make a difference in the
lives of families. Although below is a description of what your job would
entail, we want to emphasize that working at Kool Smiles is more than just a
job. Kool Smiles is not your typical dentist office and working here is not
your typical experience. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to
grow professionally while serving your community at the same time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Dental Assistant provides support to the office and is responsible for
assisting the professional dental staff with treatment.
* Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
* Guide parents and patients through Kool Smiles process before treatment
* Educate patients in oral hygiene instruction and provide postoperative
* Prepare patient for examination and treatment
* Take x-rays and save to patient charts
* Responsible for the operational readiness of the hygiene bay and operatory
* Prepare tray set-ups for dental procedures
* Mix amalgam, cement, pulp paste and prepare impression materials
* Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
* Clean chairs and rooms
* Assist professional dental staff with treatment:
* Document patient information, treatment plans, and procedures in patient chart
* Assist with suctioning, holding retractors and suture cutting during surgical
* Pour, trim and polish impression casts
* Fabricate custom impression trays
* Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Participate in local community affairs and events to include school
screenings, presentations, events, and any opportunity to promote a positive
image of Kool Smiles
* Assist with monthly inventory counts
* Assist with other office duties as needed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Graduation from a senior high school or GED equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
* High focus on customer service and satisfaction
* Must love working with children
* Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
* Integrity, always doing the right thing
* Dependable, reliable to be at work when scheduled
* Attention to detail
* Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and
consistently meet deadlines
* Professional manner and appearance at all times
* Computer skills: Computer literate
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
X-ray certification, certified dental assistant credentials may be required for
* One year office experience in a dentist's or physician's office
* Experience with children's dentistry
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange
information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and
stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and
be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for
extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as growth
opportunities to our full --time employees. Kool Smiles benefits include:
medical, dental , vision and optional life insurance. We also offer short and
long term disability, xxxK, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company
holidays and much much more!
Kool Smiles team members find inspiration, challenge, and reward every day at
their job. Do you?