Title: Dental Assistant/Front Office
General Description: The Dental Assistant/Front Office will work the front desk,
and, when required, assist Dentists with the day-to-day patient operation to
ensure that all patients are given exceptional care and treatment.
• Answers incoming calls and routes them appropriately.
• Performs patient intake and notifies appropriate staff of the patient’s
• Enters patient information into the appropriate databases.
• Follows appointment procedures as set by management.
• Follows cash handling procedures when receiving patient payments.
• Completes opening and closing procedures.
• Keeps clinic lobby straight and orderly.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS AS NEEDED:
• Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures
• Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, seating, and draping
• Reviews and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of
• Provides information to patients and staff by answering questions and
• Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to
treatment area, positioning instruments for dentist’s access, suctioning, and
• Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic
images, pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
• Ensures patient comfort before, during, and after treatment.
• Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating
temporary restorations, cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR
certification, emergency drug kit and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone
• Educates patients by providing oral hygiene and postoperative
• Applies topical fluoride to teeth.
• Documents dental services by charting findings, diagnosis, treatment
plan, and completed care in patient records.
• Schedules and confirms patient appointments.
• Schedules internal patients referred to Dental via Internal Service
• Monitors Centricity desktops for flags and communications specific to
clinic sites and patient care.
• Maintains patient confidentiality.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
protocols, rules, and regulations.
• Adheres to infection control policies and procedures.
• Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending CE classes.
• Contributes to team effort with other duties as assigned.
• Maintains functionality of all clinics by traveling to other locations
• Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
Education & Training Requirements:
• Registered Dental Assistant that is authorized to practice in the State
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
• Experienced in electronic records.
• Sterile Technique.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• At least three (3) years of clinical experience preferred
• Knowledge of dental materials
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations