OFFICE MANAGER position for our dental office. We provide great dental benefits
for you and your family + xxxk plan. Two weeks vacation annually.
Must have at least 2 years experience. Salary will be discussed at the
interview. Please email your resume to [please sign-in to view contact information]
Office Manager Responsibilities:
1. Patient coordination
2. Oversight of Practice coordinator / Production
3. Practice operation
4. Employee oversight
5. Collections / AR
6. Doctor relations
7. Customer service
A. Patient Coordination:
• Make sure the balance between production and new patients are met. Minimum 3
new patients daily, make sure there is room for emergencies.
• Check patients in and make sure insurance information is accurate.
• Office Manager is responsible for all the employees, to include the PC. Must
make sure the PC is meeting expectations of production on the schedule, must
evaluate the presentation skills and case acceptance ration to ensure the goals
• Make sure production is scheduled, patients are confirmed and the PC works
hard to be sure the schedule is filled again due to cancellations, no-shows or
C. Practice Operation:
• Responsible for patients, from the time of check in to check out. Make sure
when someone signs in they are not in the waiting area for more than 10 minutes
past their appointment without knowledge of what is going on. Make sure the
patient is properly informed on all co-pays, collect co-pays before the patient
goes into the chair, make sure the treatment plans have been explained properly
and patient has signed acceptance. Ensure proper check out and next appointment
is scheduled for production. Be sure all treatment plans are put into the
• Have ins coordinator verify insurance for the following day’s patients.
• Check all invoices for accuracy and sent to the corporate office in a timely
manner, stamped and signed off.
D. Employee Oversight:
• Make sure schedules are updated
• Monitor employee timeliness and effectiveness. Ensuring time in the office is
utilized to the maximum
• Take corrective actions on employees when necessary, according to company
policy and guidance.
E. Collections / AR:
• Make sure ALL co-pays are collected before the patient is seated for work.
• Be sure you have a signed treatment plan in the chart
• Be sure the patient understand the procedure about to be performed and they
are aware of patient responsibility
• Monitor Insurance AR every 15 day, starting with the over 90 days, then over
60 days, the over 30 days.
• Monitor Patient AR every other 15 days, make sure you collect xxx% patient co-
pay at time of service and follow up on this will almost be non existent.
F. Doctor relations:
• Must establish good communication with the doctor
• Doctor must be kept informed of the schedule, procedure and production goals
• Doctor must be aware of office goals and schedule challenges to achieve those
• Must be able to convince the doctor to have faith in the staff scheduling and
monitoring for his best interest
G. Customer Service:
• Must be sure that all customers/patients are treated with the utmost respect