Dental Assistant – With your college degree or work experience steer your future
into a long-term, rewarding career opportunity. Training offered. Those with
experience are welcomed to apply, too!
Thomasville Dental Center is a fast-growing, progressive, 3-Doctor general dental
practice. Our awesome, close-knit, upbeat team is the result of our Doctors’ and
Manager’s commitment to always hire the “right person” rather than overly focusing
on a candidate’s technical knowledge of our industry. Is your degree in Exercise
Science? Biology? Marketing? Or, English? Perhaps, Psychology or
Communications? Any of these or similar majors are the perfect foundation upon
which to add dental assistant technical training! No college degree? Your
professional work experiences may qualify you to apply, too.
Could a career in dentistry be right for you? Let’s see. Do you share our drive
to make a positive difference in the lives of others and enjoy helping people? Are
you seeking a “hands on” career that isn’t a “desk job stuck in a cube” or one that
has the pressures of sales quotas? Do you appreciate an awesome work schedule that
is ideal for personal interests and family time? If yes, you may have just
discovered your perfect “forever” career!
If you have the right set of foundation skills, we can provide the education and
training to the right candidate to become a top-notch dental assistant.
Learn about our office: www.ThomasvilleDentalCenter.com.
To apply, we require these foundation skills and traits:
1. Excellent writing skills: sentence structure, spelling and accurate
composition so that clinical notes describing patient services are charted accurately.
2. Computer skills: fast and accurate keyboarding for efficient record documentation.
3. Computer aptitude: a mind geared towards technology and eager attitude to
fully optimize software.
4. Customer service skills: professional, sincere and empathetic posture towards
5. Employment track record vouching for your “team work” gear.
6. Excellent hand-eye coordination.
7. Passionate desire to work in the healthcare field and help others.
8. Interest in dental anatomy and biology: Must like teeth and, with training,
be comfortable assisting the doctor during procedures ranging from exams, to
fillings and non-complex dental surgery.
9. Stability, reliability, dependability.
10. High energy and “get up and go” to comfortably and constantly move from
sitting, bending forward, to walking throughout your day.
A trained dental assistant will:
1. Perform all of the above.
2. Greet and seat patients.
3. Educate patients about prescribed treatment options.
4. Provide expanded duty dental services as governed by the Georgia Board of
Dentistry (Take X-rays, fabricate temporary crowns, make dental impressions,
perform lab work, and more)
5. Become cross trained to cover administrative duties
6. Assist dentists during procedures, passing instruments and materials.
7. Participate in continuing education programs
8. Set up and break down rooms for procedures
9. Be a representative of the office outside of the office
10. Have a rewarding career, steady employment and a job you’ll love.
For those with no prior dental training, training wages will initially be offered
with incremental increases as skills are mastered. After training is accomplished,
wages will be customary for the industry with potential for future growth.
Additionally, we offer xxxK, free dentistry (limits apply), vacation, PTO and uniforms!
Interested candidates can apply one of two ways:
1. Forward your detailed Dentalpost application to our staffing consultant.
2. Or, better yet! Showcase your communication skills by sending your custom cover
letter and resume and directly to our Staffing Consultant:
[please sign-in to view contact information]
To streamline our process, please do not contact our office directly, please. Our
staffing consultant will review all submitted resumes. Qualified candidates will
first be contacted by email. (Check your spam in case our email to you is