At Smile Workshop we are an all-inclusive approach to general dental care. Here
you will find dentists and specialists working together to serve and give our
patients the best experience. Our potential hygienist is dedicated to providing
the best quality care for their patients.
Position is Full-time working between 2 offices:
Pinnacle Park 2-3 days a week located at I-30 & Cockrell Hill in Dallas
Fort Worth office: 2-3 days a week: Basswood Blvd and North Beach
Average days worked per week are 4-5 days per week
Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9a-6p, Fri 9-2 and up to 2 Sat a month 9-4
• Provide superior patient care and service; make the patient the #1 priority;
exhibit outstanding customer service and hospitality as well as chair side
• Lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team;
partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
• Practice to the standard of care of the State Board of Dentistry; follow rules
and regulations of the Dental Practice Act of the applicable state.
• Stay on schedule as much as possible to create "no patient wait time;" help
manage patient flow; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged
• Educate patient on oral hygiene/health/disease as well as procedures and
services; establish/communicate continued care.
• Follow the company's Periodontal Protocol which is based on American Academy
of Periodontology, ADA and ADHA guidelines.
• Comply with state and federal laws for chart documentation; follow OSHA
• Verify patient health history (review basic health status, medications;
understand impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient's chart.
• Thoroughly and efficiently perform clinical hygiene functions including but
not limited to X-rays, taking and recording blood pressure, adult/child
prophylaxis, non-surgical periodontal therapy and co-assessing treatments with
• Complete periodontal charting per guidelines
• Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
• Accountability for successful performance of all job functions
Perform the following duties as applicable by practice and/or state laws:
• Place locally applied antimicrobials
• Place sealants/perform polishing (certification necessary if required by
• Use intraoral camera
• Take and record patient's blood pressure accurately
• Offer fluoride treatment to all patients
• Non-surgical periodontal therapy (scaling/root planing)
• Take alginate impressions and fabricate whitening trays
• Maintain accurate and legible notes in patient's chart
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Dental Hygiene certification from accredited dental hygiene school; pass
required regional or state licensing board examinations as applicable.
• Current hygiene license issued by state where employed
• Certification for other duties as required by state practice act
• Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
• Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
• Professionalism in all aspects of job
• Good grooming and professional image
• Superior team work skills; strong ability to work well with others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Good computer/dental software skill
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment