REPORTS TO: Directly to Lead Dental Assistant
Locations: Dental Delite Facility(s)
• Labeling and organizing clinical area and operatories.
• Implementing and monitoring proper case log procedures.
• Tracking laboratory cases and a liaison with the laboratories.
• Sending/ Tracking Sterilization process.
Responsibilities as a Dental Assistant:
A Dental Assistant is responsible for setting up and sanitizing operatories
before each patient. Seating as well as determining patients needs. Assisting
Doctors during procedures. Handling all cases that are sent out to the
Laboratory. Performing other clinical and administrative tasks as required.
Duties of the Position:
• Serves primarily in the circulator position
• Chair-side Assisting
• Check Vitals
• Review charts for any information the Doctor should require
• Take and develop radiographs (x-rays)
• Answer questions and give information directly to patient within the
limits of knowledge and dental practice guidelines.
• Take preliminary impressions and pour up and trim models.
• Practice and promote proper Infection Control procedures.
• Serves as an Infection Control Officer
• Assist Lead Dentist in maintaining inventory control
• Housekeeping chores and run errands as needed.
• Perform other duties as required.
A High School diploma is required. Completion of a Dental Assistant course at a
Junior College level is mandatory. Previous patient care experience in a dental
practice would be an advantage.
• Possesses the tact required for work situations that involve dealing with
patients to secure payment of delinquent accounts.
• Has the tact to deal effectively with patients, physicians and other
employees in the work environment.
Has a preference for dealing with people who are in pain and need assistance.