• Evaluates the overall oral health of our patients; examines oral cavity for
signs of periodontal disease, oral cancer or other lesions, and oral
manifestations of systemic disease.
• Performs oral hygiene procedures in accordance with treatment plans prescribed
by the Doctor; these procedures may include:
o Periodontal Scaling and Root Planing
o Placement of Locally Applied Antibiotics
o Application of Fluoride Treatments
o Application of Protective Sealants
o Completion of In-office or Take Home Whitening
o Oral Cancer Screening
• Educates the patient on oral hygiene care to help the patient maintain or
improve oral health.
• Informs Dentists of possible restorative concerns for further examination.
• Maximizes patient flow in the office by assisting with radiographs,
sterilization, and office procedures.
• Consults with Doctors and Office staff to ensure patient expectation levels
are met and exceeded.
• Maintains a neat and orderly workplace; performs weekly and monthly required
• Performs preventative equipment maintenance.
• Follows established safety and health protocols.