Gentle Caring Dentists of Fremont is looking for an experienced and reliable
assistant,to join our team. Radiology license is a must and front desk
experience is preferred, but not required.
Serious applicants only.
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient,
instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing
procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
* Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and
* Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and
* Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and
* Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to
treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning;
* Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments
and in the patient's mouth.
* Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic
studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
* Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating
temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
* Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr
certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone
* Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative
* Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures,
rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and
* Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance
requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting
malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories;
evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory
level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for
supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to
accomplish job results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dental Health Maintenance, Use of Dental Technology, Infection Control, Patient
Services, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Listening, Teamwork, Bedside
Manner, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Use of Medical Technologies,
Performing Diagnostic Procedures