Lead Dental Hygienist
Our expanding dental practice is looking for an energetic, skillful, and
hygienist to complete our super team! There are many hygienists out there – but
we are looking for that right person to complete us!
Here’s a little bit about our practice and the patients we serve:
• Our core principle – education!
o Education for the team – so that we are always providing the best
treatment backed by the latest science
o Education for the patient – so that the patient understands the
importance of their oral health and knows why early detection and treatment of
dental conditions matters.
• We serve patients of all ages and backgrounds in the very diverse
community of Gurnee, IL. Our patients come from may surrounding communities for
our unique, comfortable atmosphere.
• We offer a wide range of hours and dates to ensure we can reduce barriers
to care. We offer some evenings and weekends so that our patients don’t have to
make the difficult decision of missing work – and they love us for that! Our
goal is to always be there for our patients, even if it means staying a little
later or working a few weekends.
• Our practice truly is unique- we offer not only digital xrays and high
def intra oral photography, but also the latest in digital dentistry: Cerec same
day crown and veneers, Solea laser for no shot/no drill fillings, and Orthophos
3D imaging, and more! By embracing the latest in tech, we are able to offer our
patients the highest quality, most efficient, and most convenient care that is
possible in dentistry today!
• Our dentists are highly trained and constantly travel to courses to
enhance their skill sets – this means we rarely refer our patients out, which
patients typically resist. We place and restore implants, offer Invisalign,
wisdom teeth extractions, endodontics, cosmetic, and many more services.
Here’s what we are looking for in our teams Lead Dental Hygienist:
• Someone who LOVES what they do and looks forward to each day.
• Friendly, patient, and full of energy to conquer every day challenges.
• Positive, positive, positive! Our family is very happy! We won’t allow
negativity pollute our good vibes!
• Knowledgeable and eager to teach – our hygienist is on the front lines of
patient education. Whether its basic hygiene techniques, explaining why a small
cavity should be treated rather than waiting for it to hurt, or why a crown
a better restoration for a broken tooth in the long run – these are the things
that must be communicated.
Some of our Lead Dental Hygienists duties are, but not limited to:
• Collect medical and dental histories from patients
• Chart dental conditions and existing restorations
• Scan patients with Cerec and Orthophos CT Scanner for crowns, veneers,
invisalign, sleep apnea, implants, and any other needs the patient may have.
• Sterilize dental instruments.
• Set up and clean up dental operatories.
• Take digital xrays and intra oral photographs.
• Provide motivational, friendly oral hygiene instruction.
• Scheduling patient recare and maintaining recare calendar.
Finally, our required qualifications for our Lead Dental Assistant:
• Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene
• Current state license
• Experience a plus, but not required!
• Positive, friendly personality. Attitudes, demanding, or rudeness not
• Basic understanding of HIPAA privacy rules and OSHA principles
• CPR certification up-to-date
• Basic computer knowledge and comfort with technology
• Availability to work extended hours and weekends, if needed, to
accommodate our #1 priority – the patient.
If you believe you are the missing piece to our puzzle, we want to hear from
As we grow, we need the right people to help us achieve our goals and establish
ourselves as the leader of dental care in our community. Our reputation is one
are proud of and strive to maintain through leadership, knowledge, and quality.
Our Lead Dental Hygienist must have a long term vision with our practice and be
key player in achieving our goals. We start all team members as “part-time”
we all get a chance to know each other better. But let there be no mistake, this
is intended to develop into a full time position.
Do you have what it takes to be one of us?