Expanded Functions Registered Dental Assistant
As a Registered Dental Assistant, EF at Pacific Dental Services you will have the
opportunity to join a stable company that is experiencing a tremendous amount of
growth, values your contribution, and provides you with a career rather than just
Registered Dental Assistants with Extended Functions perform a variety of patient
care, office, and laboratory duties. The primary role of the Registered Dental
Assistant Extended Function (RDA-EF) is to assist the dentist in gaining the
patient's commitment to the best possible treatment with a sense of urgency all
while maintaining a friendly demeanor.
• Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state's Dental Auxiliaries
Table of Permitted Duties.
• Actively participate in attempting to achieve the Perfect Patient Experience®
striving to keep your patients focused on the best possible treatment with
• Promote the good qualities of your doctor.
• Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel
comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors - thereby
enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
• At the direction of the dentist, obtain dental history and/or records from
patient (review patient health history and careslips).
• At the direction of the dentist, complete x-rays and intra-oral pictures of
patients as appropriate.
• Prepare tray setups for dental procedures.
• Present instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and
clear by using suction or other devices.
• At the direction of the dentist, instruct patients on postoperative and general
oral health care.
• At the direction of the dentist, record patient charting and all doctor notes
• Sterilize and disinfect instruments, equipment, and operatories in accordance
with the American Dental Association guidelines.
• Maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed.
• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g.,
OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
• Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or
school, six months to one year of related experience or training, and/or
combination of education and experience.
• Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: As mandated by applicable state (e.g.
coronal polish, x-ray exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures,
and fissure sealant application, etc.).
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn,
we'll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your
and your future. We'll even financially support your efforts to earn your
degree! We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and
strengths-and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual
Location: Oak Ridge , Tennessee, xxxx0 US
Company Name: Oak Ridge Smiles Dentistry
Pacific Dental Services (PDS) partners with individual owner dentists across the
U.S., providing them with business support services so they can stay focused on
their passion: dentistry. PDS and its supported owner dentists offer career
opportunities nationwide. Established in xxxx, PDS has been ranked in Inc.'s
xxx|xxxx list of America's fastest-growing private companies for eight years in a
row, and continues to grow. PDS is founded on a core set of values that guides
daily lives, distinguishes the strength and character of our organization and
directs our critical decisions. At PDS and in our supported offices, we aim to be
the very best at everything we do. Fortunately, that helps us attract the very
team members - and we hope you'll be one of them.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9rtpvqtcr79t87rj