Position - Office Manager (General Dentistry)
Location - xxxx2 East Freeway, Houston, TX xxxx9
Hours - Monday through Saturday (Sundays and a day off during the week)
Are you a proven performer as an Office Manager? Are you looking for a stable
company with career development opportunity? Are you looking to be rewarded
with a competitive salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits?
We're looking for great talent to join our team!
Access Dental Services and STX Healthcare Management Services is on a journey
of significant growth which involves providing business and professional
management services to Dentists. The organization is focused on moving from a
regional player in the Dental Services Organization (DSO) industry to a
National competitor segmented into multiple regions under multiple brands. The
company will experience significant growth primarily through acquisitions
representing well over xxx dental offices throughout North America. Our
regional brands of will represent our mission to provide cost effective quality
The Office Manager is a vital resource to our team within the dental centers.
While the office manager is responsible for the day to day execution of their
respective dental center, they are focused supporting their team to provide a
great service experience in an efficient and effective manner to our customers
Essential Job Responsibilities, Duties, Tasks:
- Lead the day to day execution of processes that maximize productivity and
profitability of assigned dental center.
- Provide necessary planning and communications across entire team to ensure
operational effectiveness in scheduling, maximizing production and other
operational goals. Ensure well coordinate handoffs on resolving issues and
seamless deliver of service to patient care.
- Be an invaluable resource to teammates through coaching, training and
managing overall performance of cross functional staff. Pay great diligence in
hiring qualified staff that meet or exceed the demands of delivering high
quality service, high performance standards and professionalism expected in our
- Perform effective Consultative/Sales/Financial Arrangements for Treatment
Planning; including the provision of accurate estimates of patient copays based
on advanced knowledge of insurance utilization rules that result in the patient
valuing and committing to their recommended Care Plans. Enable patients to
understand their out of pocket costs and payment options that lead to the
successful collection of copays.
- Partner with direct leader or Finance department on an on-going basis to
ensure strong understanding of dental office performance against key
performance metrics and ensure the dental center is meeting or exceeding
financial goals for revenue and expenses. Proactively review reports and data
to identify opportunities to meet overall operational goals as set by executive
leadership and Chief Dental Director.
- Ensure operational adherence to company policies and procedures with
teammates, including management of time keeping, work schedules and attendance
management, conflict management among staff, performance management and
corrective actions (behavioral and skills). Proactively engage direct leader
and human resources as needed.
- Create a cohesive team within the dental center, inclusive of clinical staff
(Dentist, Hygienist, RDA/DA’s) and Front Office Staff, by creating a shared
mission and high engagement of the remarkable experience initiative and
supporting the quality of care to customers and patients. Implement
appropriate engagement and performance practices to motivate teams and inspire
- Ensure ongoing compliance with related training, safety and OSHA requirements
at all times with all personnel
Other Role Dimensions:
- Approximately number of employees under direction: (10-15)
- Approximate revenue ($1M-$2M)
CRITICAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Leadership and Accountability: Leads through coaching, developing and
driving accountability at all levels in the organization. Models the values of
the company and sets high bar of expectations for delivering service and
overall business performance
- Results Focused and Achieves Superior Results: Demonstrates personal
initiative and drive. Sets high standards and goals, builds appropriate
actions within their business to ensure successful attainment of these goals.
Energizes others to perform their best.
- Analytical Thinking: Demonstrated strong personal understanding of KPI's and
drivers of the business. Leverages data and trends to develop insight and put
actions in place to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Talent Management and Inspires Others Around a Common Vision: A valued
resources and leader of people. Able to mentor and build capabilities within
team and bring exceptional talent into organization. Assesses talent level to
the required standards and has appropriate management practices to ensure
employees have necessary skills to perform at high level.
- Influence and Earns Trust and Confidence: Demonstrates the courage to make
difficult decisions and foster candid conversations. Encourages candor and
transparency. Able to create an environment of trust and openness with direct
team. Has the skills and credibility required to influence team (Front Office,
Clinical) and customers to ensure necessary changes are taken to ensure
continued ethical growth of the business.
- Clinical and Operational Expertise: Continuous learner and demonstrates
ability to personally develop and build technical, clinical and operational
knowledge to ensure excellence in operational support of the delivery of high
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree in business, operations or related field or demonstrated
equivalent leadership experience required for this role.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Background in leveraging Practice Management technology in operations with
demonstrated analytics and analysis capability.
- Minimum of (2) Years’ experience with extensive Dental or Business Leadership
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Working extended hours and weekends often required.