$xxxx sign-on bonus offered to qualified candidate. Must meet certain criteria.
Here at Kool Smiles, our teams don't just shape smiles -- they shape the lives
of families every single day. Working at Kool Smiles means being challenged,
having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a
friend, and being part of a change that starts with a child. We are the
nation's leader in general dental care to underserved kids, teens, and adults.
Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. Currently,
Kool Smiles is operating in over xxx locations, with more opening every year.
This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you
will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Kool Smiles is looking for a Hygienist ready to make a difference in the lives
of families. Although below is a description of what your job would entail, we
want to emphasize that working at Kool Smiles is more than just a job. Kool
Smiles is not your typical dentist office and working here is not your typical
experience. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to grow
professionally while serving your community at the same time. We have full-time
and part-time opportunities available.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Hygienist is responsible for delivering direct dental care and associated
services to patients under the general supervision of a dentist and for
providing general support to the office.
* Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
* Deliver direct patient care to patients, including scaling and prophylaxis,
x-rays, application of sealants and fluoride, and related procedures, under the
general supervision of a dentist
* Participate in local community affairs and events to include school
screenings, presentations, events, and any opportunity to promote a positive
image of Kool Smiles
* Provide excellent customer service by looking for opportunities to offer Same
* Educate patients and parents in oral hygiene instruction
* Assess the dental condition and needs of patients and review patients'
* Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Guide parents and patients through Kool Smiles entire treatment process
* Assist with dental and perio charting; when necessary
* Take x-rays and save into patient charts, when necessary
* Assist with other office duties as needed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Current licensure as a Dental Hygienist.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
* Must love working with children
* Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
* Integrity, always doing the right thing
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Professional manner and appearance at all times
* Computer skills: computer literate
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
* State specific dental hygienist license in good standing
Experience in the provision of dental care to children
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange
information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and
stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and
be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for
extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as growth
opportunities to our full --time employees. Our Full-Time dental hygienists
receive company paid malpractice insurance and Continuing Education
reimbursement. Other Kool Smiles benefits include: medical, dental, vision and
optional life insurance. We also offer short and long term disability, xxxK,
flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays and much much more!
Kool Smiles team members find inspiration, challenge, and reward every day at
their job. Do you?