Registered Dental Hygienist: Role and Responsibilities
We believe in providing a WOW experience to all of our patients and while doing
so, create a perfect smile. The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) plays an
important role in taking care of the dental health of our patients, by
preventing an educating the patients on how to maintain a good oral health. The
RDH has to be compassionate, excellent at interpersonal skills and motor skills,
and also be excellent at paying attention to detail.
* Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, and
seating the patient.
* Collects medical and dental histories from patients.
* Charts dental conditions based on dentist’s observations and evaluations.
* Takes X-rays of patients’ teeth and develop them for dentist’s use.
* Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening,
sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
* Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and
from beneath gum margins.
* Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing
* Administers local anesthetics
* Evaluate overall oral health, examining oral cavity for signs of periodontal
disease or possible cancers, including sores, recessed & bleeding gums, and oral
* Cleans and polishes removable appliances; placing, carving, and finishing
amalgam restorations; removing cement from crowns and bridges.
* Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and
postoperative instructions; providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures,
rules, and regulations, including OSHA and HIPAA.
* Ensures operation of dental hygiene equipment by completing preventive.
maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting
malfunctions, calling for repairs, and maintaining equipment inventories.
Education and Experience:
* Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene required (Bachelor’s preferred)
* Current state license required
* 3+ years’ experience as a Dental Hygienist
* Certification in the administration of local anesthesia
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service, leadership, problem-solving, and interpersonal
* Experience working with children preferred
* Basic understanding and knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules
* Current CPR certification required
* Must be fluent in both English and Spanish
* Knowledge of Open Dental software or similar
* Availability to work overtime, including weekends
* Ability to multi-task efficiently
* Excellent computer skills
Salary starts depending on experience $34 and up.
Please forward you resume to [please sign-in to view contact information]