The Treatment/Schedule Coordinator is a key member and contributor to the success
of the Practice. This “attention to detail” position provides in depth support for
all treatment, recare and insurance related duties of the office, including follow
up call and keeping the schedule full.
This position is responsible for scheduling patient treatment at check-out,
collection patient copay, the coordination and processing of insurance claims,
verification and data entry of insurance plans to ensure treatment plans are
correct and, coordination of benefits, and ongoing communications with specialty
Great interpersonal skills are required to build rapport with the patients, staff,
specialty offices and insurance carriers.
• Greet patients at check-in/out with a warm and welcoming smile
• Prepare all charts for upcoming appointments to verify updated dental benefits
and any required HIPAA or Health History updates.
• Processes all insurance billings for patient services.
• Responsible for insurance verification and accurate communications to staff and
patients regarding the insurance coverage.
• Presents and schedules treatment for patients.
• Ensures coordination of benefits are accurate and considered as part of the
• Serves as a liaison between insurance carriers, staff and patients to resolve any
concerns and maintain a positive working relationship.
• Ensures all insurance related duties are completed in a timely and accurate
manner to ensure excellent patient relations and financial success for the Practice.
• Achieves revenue goals by effectively assisting with collections and receivables,
specialty referral process, insurance billing and miscellaneous operations expenses
• Responsible for confirming all scheduled appointments and keeping scheduled
• Other duties as required.
•2 years+ working front office in general dental; polished and professional
demeanor when presenting treatment; sense of urgency in keeping scheduled
appointments filled; dental insurance/billing experience is required.
• Knowledge in federal and state regulations
• Accuracy and organization are a must
• Familiarity with financial plans, PPO and out-of-network insurance balance billing
• Strong capability with Microsoft Office applications
• Dentrix experience preferred and medical cross-coding experience is helpful