The successful dental office manager is a production manager able to supervise and
direct the daily operation of a fast-paced, general dental practice with moderate
to high volume patient flow on every shift. The office manager must have excellent
organizational, strategic planning, and communication skills. Effective crisis
management skills are also paramount to success. The office manager needs the
ability to communicate with and supervise staff from different disciplines, both
clerical and clinical, and will be adept at conflict resolution for staff and
patients. The manager is a self-starter, able to lead their team by example, and
will be able to achieve success with only limited direction from above. Normal work
hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, Saturdays and evenings. The
following is a list of duties and responsibilities (including but not limited to).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Friendly interaction and communication with patients and co-workers.
• Maintain Front Desk Manual.
• Continual training of receptionists.
• Ordering of office supplies.
• Trouble shooting computer errors on an as needed basis.
• Schedule coverage between multiple offices.
• Maintain important patient and office records.
• Ability to handle a multi-line inbound phone call system.
• Assist fellow coworkers when called upon.
• Use a computer efficiently and effectively (Eaglesoft, Lighthouse, Dental Intel,
email & internet).
• Have strong records procedures.
• Facilities maintenance of the office.
• Direct supervision to staff.
• Resolve conflict among staff and/or patients.
• Treatment coordination and financial arrangements as needed.
• Ability to perform administrative duties.
• Ability to perform all Duties and Responsibilities of the Dental Receptionist.
• Attend/Run educational/business/promotional events.
• Facilitate the customization/closure of schedule requests by doctor and
communicate any changes to the Clinical Manager and Dental Assistant Manager.
Demonstrates basic understanding of primary responsibilities, attention to detail,
and the skills required to accomplish all tasks assigned accurately. Good
attendance/punctuality required. Works under general supervision and will be
provided with detailed instruction on how to complete new assignments. High School
Diploma or Equivalent, Good Telephone Etiquette, Proficient Typing Skills and