Our practice is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated EFDA to join our team.
Must be knowledgeable in all phases of dental assisting and additionally
comfortable with surgical assisting.
This is a Private Practice with a great, relaxed staff. Must be reliable and a team
player willing to help others. Team-focused, uplifting and educational work
culture. Benefits include: license renewal reimbursement, paid CEU’s, paid
holidays, and a retirement plan.
This is a position of 3 days per week and will work in both of our Newark and Mount
Vernon, OH offices. Must be up to date with Hep B vaccinations, CPR certification,
and X-Ray certification.
Duties include but are not limited to;
• Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
• The ability to place esthetically pleasing anterior fillings and well-
contoured interproximal fillings in the posterior
• Knowledge of implant and CEREC restorations is a plus
• Taking digital dental X-Rays
• Asking about the patient’s medical history and taking blood pressure and
• Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control
protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
• Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
• Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or
other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
• Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral
health; (tooth brushing, flossing, and nutritional counseling)
• Taking impressions of patients’ teeth for study (models)
• Performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal
• Communicating with patients and suppliers (scheduling appointments,
answering telephones, billing and ordering supplies)
• Helping to provide direct patient care