Smile Workshop has immmediate openings for Full-time expanded function dental
assistiants at our Balch Springs location.
We are a looking for a people who can help build this practice into a
great one by offer excellent customer service, willingness to go above and
beyond for patients and an overall passion for helping patients achieve optimal
We are seeking an experienced, mature person with a strong dental assistant
background to work closely with the dentist and patients.
- Eagle Soft dental software knowledge a plus!
- Excellent customer service.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist the doctor with all dental procedures including but not limited to
o take directions from doctor
o anticipate doctor’s needs
o performing patient oral evaluations
o various laboratory duties including provisionals.
- Assist hygienist(s) when requested
- Lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team;
with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
- Perform efficient and accurate procedures to help maintain doctor’s schedule
patient flow; create “no patient wait time;” maintain time flexibility for
be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Review patient chart prior to doctor arrival and log appropriate patient data
during exam and treatment as well as transcribe doctor notes in patient chart
- Follow organization’s safety policies and procedures
- Have knowledge and understanding of dental terminology sufficient to perform
- Verify patient health history (basic health review, medications, understanding
impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient’s chart.
- Accountability for successful performance of all job functions
- Assist the dentist as necessary to gain the patient’s commitment for the best
possible treatment with urgency.
- Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s Dental Auxiliaries
Table of Permitted Duties.
- Attending to the patient’s individual concerns and expectations.
- At the direction of the dentist, complete x-rays and intra-oral pictures,
tray setups, instruct patients on postoperative care, and record patient
- Evaluate and complete any maintenance to all equipment (i.e. autoclave, hand
- Ensure that the doctor always stay on schedule, the back office area is clean
- High School diploma/ GED
- Dental Assistant certification as required by state; ability to become
- Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation preferred
- Current certification to monitor Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Analgesia preferred (if
required by state practice act)
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Minimum 2 years dental experience
- Bilingual preferred- not required
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life Insurance
- Dental benefits
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off after one year
This is an excellent opportunity to join a privately owned dental practice. If
you display any or all of the above skills we want to hear from you!