Premier multi-doctor, multi-location Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery practice
located in Tennessee with a 35-year history of providing prominent patient care
in an ever increasingly competitive market seeking Director of Operations to
stretch the boundaries and further expand into a wide-open surgical referral-
based, direct to consumer marketplace.
Manages the daily business operations of the organization through the
development and oversight of strategic growth initiatives. Ensures the alignment
of each practice with the core purpose and beliefs of the company and the
partners. Manages the financial performance of the practice, with strong
emphasis on revenue growth, revenue/expense leverage, asset management, and
contribution margin achievement to plan and growth over prior year. Manages the
employee performance and development processes. Drives practice revenue through
doctor surgeries, and increased patient base and expense control and analysis.
• Develops and manages the partnership between the clinicians and the
treatment coordinators through consistent communication and key performance
• Develops, in conjunction with the Partners, the annual operating plan
for each practice in accordance with Company financial guidelines to ensure the
alignment of each practice with the company’s strategic objectives.
• Monitors and improves financial performance of each practice including
production, staff productivity, other controllable expenses and accounts
receivable (cash flow).
• Provides leadership to inspire and coach employees on accomplishing
strategic and operational goals and related tasks. This includes leadership
related to recruiting, selecting, training and motivating employees, as well as
managing employee performance, executing strategic operations plans and
developing and administrating operational budgets.
• Regularly reviews, interprets and uses financial data including income
statements and balance sheets to identify plan shortfalls and opportunities and
focuses resources and efforts to these items to ensure plan achievement.
• Understands the importance of the patient experience and sets an example
of exemplary customer service.
• Continuously builds patient and referring doctor understanding by
monitoring patient/doctor satisfaction performance and customer feedback.
• Fosters strong relationships with the doctors and team members to ensure
a commitment to productivity objectives, reflects these commitments by
developing and revisiting monthly forecasts and measure actual productivity
• Demonstrates a commitment to the company’s core values.
• Ensures that each Practice’s policies, procedures and processes are in
compliance with Dental Practice protocols, state and federal law and regulations
and AAOMS accreditation guidelines.
• Experience with practice management software, preferably WinOMS
• Knowledge of P&L management
• Multi-site managerial experience
• HIPAA compliance knowledge
We offer a target compensation between $xxx,xxx - $xxx,xxx per year including an
excellent benefit package with xxxk, health insurance and a professional work