Summary: Assists dentist during examination and treatment of patients by
performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may
Receives supervision from the doctor (or hygienist) with respect to patient
treatment. This position also reports to the office manager with respect to all
1. Assist the doctor with patient care as directed by the doctor consistent
with applicable laws and regulations.
2. Prepare the operatory and seat the patient for the doctor and hygienist.
3. Clean and sterilize/sanitize the operatory and equipment and change
appropriate supplies after treatment of each patient.
4. Sterilize the instruments (including lubricating handpieces) and set-up
5. Participate in inventory protocol to insure the office never runs out of
6. Conduct routine maintenance/cleaning of dental equipment, including, but
not limited to:
ii. Suction/Water filters and Traps,
iii. Lab Equipment
iv. X-Ray Processor
v. Sterilization Equipment
7. Proficient with fabrication of Temporary Crown and Bridge.
8. Take digital x-rays and intra-oral photos.
9. Take impressions for diagnostic casts; pour casts.
10. Be proficient with Dental Software; including charting, recording, and
preparing treatment plans.