Performs patient case presentation with respect to the treatment plan as
diagnosed by doctor and all necessary financial arrangements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following but not limited
to. Other duties may be assigned.
Reports to and receives supervision from the Doctor with respect to patient
treatment. This position also reports to the Office Manager and Team Lead with
respect to all administrative matters.
1. Provides the patient with an experience of the highest quality of care
and service, understanding, kindness and respect.
2. Understands all insurance guidelines by plan, including specialty
referrals and adheres to these guidelines as contracted by the participating
3. Assist the doctor(s) with patient examinations and consultations.
4. May chart existing restorations and diagnosed treatment as directed by
the doctor(s) and input into practice management system (Dentrix).
5. Assure that all patient information is accurate in the practice
management system (Dentrix) before presenting a treatment plan.
6. Reviews the treatment plan recommendation from the doctor(s) and
provides patient education including the benefits, alternatives and risks
associated with the treatment.
7. Educate and explain patient insurance benefits when applicable including
plan exclusions and limitations.
8. Offer, educate and explain all financial arrangements & options
including third party along with payment policies.
9. Assist patients with any financial options, insurance questions and
10. Strives to meet or exceed the case acceptance benchmark of 75%.
11. Schedules patient return appointments prior to escorting them to the
check out area.
12. Completes end of day patient tracking log and follows up with patients
who did not begin treatment or schedule a return appointment.
13. Contacts patients with unscheduled treatment plans and provides a weekly
update to the Office Manager.
14. Follow office protocol and all OSHA, CDC and other required standards.
15. Assist with any other tasks reasonably required by the team to serve the
patients and help other staff.