Managing Clinical Director, (MCD) and/or Associate Dentist(s)
• Dental Hygienist
• Office Manager, (OM)
• Laboratory Technician
• Patient Service Representative, (PSR)
• Lead Dental Assistant
Dental Assistants, (DAs) partner with the Office team to provide superior
clinical support services to help patients get the care they need and fulfill
our mission to give America a healthy mouth.
• Building Effective Teams—Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team;
fosters open dialogue; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
• Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of
internal and external customers.
• Drive for Results—Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is
constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line
oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Ethics and Values—Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values
and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values.
• Managing Vision and Purpose—Is optimistic; can inspire and motivate vision and
sense of core purpose.
DENTAL ASSISTANT COMPETENCIES
• Impact—Creating a good first impression; commanding attention and respect;
showing an air of confidence.
• Initiating Action—Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action
to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
• Planning and Organizing—Establishing courses of action for self and others to
ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Positive Disposition—Demonstrating a positive attitude in the face of
difficult or challenging situations; providing an uplifting outlook on what the
future holds and the opportunities it might present.
• Quality Orientation—Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no
matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately
checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
• Provides superior chair-side clinical support and assisting to Doctors and
Hygienists which includes but is not limited to: charting, patient education,
Operatory set-up and clean-up.
• Manages the patient flow; redirects efforts to respond to changes, prioritizes
next Operatory room for the Doctors, and updates the Doctors on patients’ status.
• Welcomes and greets patients in the reception area and provides a personal
introduction including name and position.
• Takes and processes X-rays.
• Performs patient hand-offs.
• Enters and updates patient treatment plans at the direction of the treating
Doctor using the company operational system.
• Verifies the patient’s clinical and service needs were exceeded and takes
appropriate action when visits do not meet expectations.
• Escorts the patient to check-out.
• Completes sterilization processes for equipment and Operatory.
• Monitors all laboratory cases and ensures they are ready for the next day’s
• Maintains emergency kits and first aid supplies, emergency medications, and
• Follows maintenance schedules for the processor, autoclave, and compressor on
a weekly basis.
• Identifies, reports, and follows up on any maintenance issues in the office
including dental equipment and hand pieces.
• Maintains and updates the MSDS binder.
• Follows OSHA regulations and Aspen safety requirements, including compliance
with HIPPA guidelines, CPR, X-rays, and other required certifications and
• Maintains and updates annual CE requirements as specified by the state.
• Education Level: High School diploma or GED
• Job Related/Industry Experience: None
• State requirements where specified
• Physical Requirements: Mostly walking, talking, standing, and updating
information in computer systems