*Posting Insurance Checks, EFT’s and Virtual Credit Card Payments*
• Post payments received from insurance companies and Medicaid to the appropriate
office, provider, and account.
• To process contractual adjustments at the time payments are posted.
Adjustments would include but not limited to; frequency, age limitations,
downgrades, or alternative benefits
that are unable to be appealed which are outlined on the insurance verification
• Provide detailed notes on the account of any variance to the claim payment by
the insurance company. This would include denial of insurance payment.
• The payment poster is responsible for filing Medicaid/PPO appeals and
Secondary claims at the time of posting the primary insurance payment.
• Explanation of Benefits are to be scanned daily into the system for future
• All payments posted must balance the bank deposit. This must be done each day
before end of the day. Manager must be made aware if you are unable to balance.
• Run daily deposit cash report and verify with EOB’s and checks to balance for
• Scan deposit sheet, daily deposit with cash, and all checks and EOB’s into the
• Turn in each day a copy of the bank deposit, daily deposit w/cash report and
all EOB’s and checks for that day.
• Assist with any other duties assigned by your Manager
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Researches and processes collection payments from CHIPS, Medicaid, Insurance
and patient payments.
• Respond to billing, collections and customer service phone inquiries as they
relate to payments applied and outstanding balances due.
• Respond to and follow up on requests for account receivable reports.
• Maintain and is aware of up to date information on Medicaid process and HIPAA
• Process E-Claims, insurance correspondence.
• Appeal insurance claims
• File EOBs
• Maintain HIPAA compliance.
• Follow required OSHA safety procedures.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills; establish
and maintain positive working relationships, internally and externally.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong and effective communication skills (oral and written) for management
and all staff levels.
• Positive attitude and patience
• Professionalism and professional image, reflective of Smile Workshops Mission
• Excellent time management and organizational skills; meet deliverables timely.
• Exercise high degree of independent decision making skills with sound judgment
and with autonomy.
• High School diploma.
• Prefer prior dental experience of knowledge of dental practices.
• Knowledge of Eaglesoft system is a plus.
• Computer proficiency