Now Hiring for a FULL TIME Patient and Insurance
Coordinator position for our General and Cosmetic dental office.
This person is the “first impression" the patient receives about our office.
This person must be very detail orientated, reliable and great at customer
• Greets with smile and directs patients. Build trust through a caring demeanor;
Provide timely responses and individualized customer care.
• Answer questions in full and involve others in the office as needed;
Provide comforting and reassuring answers to reduce anxiety.
• Assist patients with payment or any related questions.
• Answers telephone and either directs caller to appropriate personnel or
responds to inquiry.
• Schedules appointments.
• Conducts reminder calls to all patients on timely manner.
• Update patient’s information. Registers patients by verifying that
patient's record is up to date and accurate.
• Send copy of patient record for consultation with specialists.
• Arrange referral appointments and manage communications with specialty
• Securely store and handle patient records in compliance with legal
requirements, including HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
• Present treatment plans to patients.
• Arrange payment plans with patients.
• Follow up patients after a major treatment visit.
Insurance and Office Responsibilities:
• Person will be responsible for ensuring a smooth daily flow in the
• Person would be responsible for effectively managing a schedule,
presenting detailed treatment plans with confidence which results in high case
acceptance as well as AR for the practice.
• Initiate patient paperwork for treatment (employment, insurance, etc.)
• Skilled in verifying insurance, patient’s benefits and in obtaining
• Detailed insurance breakdowns, how to enter them into Eaglesoft
correctly, including downgrades.
• Collects payment from patients on timely manner.
• Post payments from patient in the Eagle soft correctly.
• Enter, check, and update fee schedules correctly.
• End of day: Balance checks and cash; Assure next-day and three-day
appointments are confirmed.
• Experience with Eaglesoft.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, works wells with others.
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced office.
• Strong organization, planning skills and detail oriented.
• Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
• Cross-trained to assist dentist/hygienist as needed.
• Oversee cleanliness and orderliness of lobby. Maintain a professional
reception area/office (organize patient education materials and magazines,
straighten up the facility)
• Teamwork: Support and back-up team members to build a spirit of
cooperation and fulfill patient needs.
• Experience with Eaglesoft a must.
• 1-2 years dental front office experience
• Experience with dental insurance a must
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong customer service ethic
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel)
• Certified Dental Assistant a plus