Dental Assistant – Career opportunity. Training offered!
Permanent position. Excellent wages and benefits. Located in Mableton and offering
an ideal work schedule: 4 days / week.
Perry Family Dentist is a fast-growing, progressive general dental practice seeking
a skilled dental assistant OR seeking to guide the right candidate to become a
top-notch dental assistant. Learn about our office: www.PerryFamilyDentist.com.
Carefully read this ad and please apply as instructed only.
If you are a trained dental assistant seeking a quality-centered private practice
with nice co-workers, you may have found your match! Your expanded duties,
skillful communication and interest in making a positive difference in the lives of
others will be welcomed in the practice of Dr. Mark Perry and Staff.
No prior dental office training? No problem, too!
Our talented team is comprised of many staff who, prior to finding our office, did
not work in dentistry. As much as we appreciate prior dental work experience,
we’ve discovered that finding the right person to join a “family-like” work group
is key to building great team work . If you have the right set of foundation
skills, we can provide the education and training “on the job” for you to become a
great dental assistant. If you are already a trained, experienced dental
assistant, surgical tech or medical assistant- please, apply! Those with steady
track records in restaurant service, general business, retail – are also qualified
To be considered as a qualified candidate for this position, we additionally require:
1. Excellent writing skills: sentence structure, spelling and accurate
composition so that clinical notes describing patient services are charted accurately.
2. Computer skills: fast and accurate keyboarding for efficient record documentation.
3. Computer aptitude: a mind geared towards technology and eager attitude to
fully optimize software.
4. Customer service skills: professional, sincere and empathetic posture towards
5. Proven record demonstrating team work
6. Excellent hand-eye coordination.
7. Passionate desire to work in the healthcare field and help others.
8. Interest in dental anatomy and biology: Must like teeth and be comfortable,
with training, assisting the doctor during procedures ranging from exams, to
fillings and surgeries.
9. Stability, reliability, dependability.
10. High energy and able-bodied to comfortably and constantly move from sitting,
bending forward, to walking throughout your day.
For those new in the industry, a trained dental assistant will:
1. Perform all of the above.
2. Greet and seat patients.
3. Educate patients about prescribed treatment options.
4. Provide expanded duty dental services as governed by the Georgia Board of
Dentistry (Take X-rays, fabricate temporary crowns, make dental impressions,
perform lab work, and more)
5. Become cross trained to cover administrative duties
6. Assist dentists during procedures, passing instruments and materials.
7. Participate in continuing education programs
8. Set up and break down rooms for procedures
9. Be a representative of the office outside of the office
10. Have a rewarding career, steady employment and a job you’ll love.
We offer excellent, competitive and rewarding compensation.
If you are not yet an experienced dental assistant, training wages will initially
be offered with incremental increases as skills are mastered. After training is
accomplished, wages will be customary for the industry with potential for future
To apply, do not contact our office directly, please. Our staffing consultant will
review all submitted resumes. Qualified candidates will first be contacted by
email. (Check your spam in case our email to you is misdirected). Apply through
Dental Post or showcase your skills by applying directly to us by sending your
[please sign-in to view contact information].