The Registered Dental Assistant will provide chair side assistance to the
dentist; perform related duties, and assists with clerical work as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform duties according to the Dental Practice Act.
• Prepare operatories and equipment for patient treatment.
• Refer clients to supervisor in situations that cannot be handled.
• Assist with front duties including appointment scheduling, Superbill entry,
• Provides chair side assistance to the dentist using four - handed dentistry
• Takes dental radiographs.
• Maintains dental operatories, dental laboratory, dental equipment and
sterilization area in proper working order.
• Carries out limited dental laboratory procedures such as pouring models of
• Assist in topical fluoride administration.
• Ensure that the patient’s record, Superbills and all relevant paperwork are
completed and routed to the front desk.
• Ensure that proper arrangement is made for the patient’s follow–up care.
• Follow NEMS Infection Control protocol, Medical Waste Disposal Protocol and
Hazard Communication protocol.
• Proactively inform the Dental Clinic Coordinator of any supplies that need to
be replenished, so a consistent level of supplies is maintained at all times.
• Provide dental health education, including oral hygiene instruction and
dietary advice, to patients and to target groups of out – reach program.
• Keep track of DentiCal or insurance authorization and schedule appointment
• Handle dental records, filing appropriate information in dental charts, file X
• Handle medical records, requesting charts from Medical Department as needed.
• Obtain and update necessary information from clients. For example, DentiCal,
private insurance coverage, current address and telephone number, etc.
• Adhere to all Federal and Government regulations including the Dental Board of
California rules & regulation, HIPAA & OSHA regulations.
• Assist the department to develop and implement policies, protocol and
procedures which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Completion of a qualified dental assistant training program.
• Current License to work as a Registered Dental Assistant in the State of
• License in California to take dental radiographs.
• Knowledge of cleaning and sterilizing procedures for dental instruments and
• Current documentation of Basic Life Support required.
• Fluent in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) required.
• Fluent in Vietnamese preferred.
This is a FLSA non-exempt position.
This is an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our
workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider
for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision
insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to