Carevide is seeking a full time Bilingual Dental Assistant who will be
responsible for the direct provision of primary dental care services to patients
of our center.
1. Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their
questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist or
2. Serves as dentist’s or dental hygienist’s chair-side assistant
3. Prepares operatory for patient treatment as per Dental Department
protocols and the dentist’s or dental hygienist’s directions.
4. Exposes and develops dental radiographs in accordance with state
regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive and protocol.
5. Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist
in accordance with state regulation and law and Dental Department directive and
6. Maintains Dental Department equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s
directions and Dental Department policy and protocol.
7. Maintains all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental
Department directives and protocols as well as center policies and procedures
relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
8. Maintains adequate operatory supplies and complies a list of individual
item shortages for inventory control and ordering purposes.
9. Maintains a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors patient
flow, and assists the Dental Director, dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in
assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately
completed and filed.
10. Pulls and files patient charts as required.
11. Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with
professional matters, clinic business and patient care of the Dental Department.
12. Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of the center
as appropriate and time permits.
13. Insures the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and equipment
in accordance with Dental Department directive and protocol.
14. Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially
contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department directive, center
policy as well as state and federal regulation(s).
15. Performs all functions in full compliance with the center’s and the
Dental Department Exposure Control Plan including but not limited to the use of
Personal Protective Equipment and Universal Precautions.
16. Participates in appropriate health promotion/disease prevention
activities, both on-site and off-site as required.
17. Travels when necessary to meet operational needs.
18. As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary
tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
19. Responsible for personal compliance in full with all applicable federal,
state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures including
but not limited to the participation of a Dental Assistant in the provision of
clinical dental care, as well as those relation to, but not limited to personnel
issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
Education and Training:
1. High school diploma or GED certificate.
2. Completion of accredited course in dental assisting preferred.
3. Ability to attend to multiple tasks at the same time and to prioritize
assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines
4. Effective oral and written communication skills in English are required.
Effective oral communication skills in Spanish preferred.
License and Credentials:
1. Registered Dental Assistant preferred
2. Current CPR (BLS) required
Skills and Abilities:
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of dental assisting techniques and procedures
for all phases of general dentistry. Knowledge of modern dental materials, their
storage, handling and applications is required. The Dental Assistant must be
cognizant of the expectations and concerns of the center’s dental patients and
be able to respond in an empathetic and professional manner. The ability to work
with persons from a wide diversity of social, ethnic and economic backgrounds is
necessary. The Dental Assistant must be able to creatively work with other
health care professionals from a variety of disciplines to achieve maximal
results for the center’s patient from a system of integrated primary health care