Positive, high energy General Dentist office in need of a self-motivated,
friendly, hard-working Expanded Duties Dental Assistant who is experienced and
proficient in presenting and “selling” treatment (not high pressure, but
proficient in encouraging patients to schedule needed treatment)
This is NOT an entry level position. Candidates will only be considered who have
the experience required.
Hours: Tuesday thru Friday, 7:40 am to 5 pm (stay until last patient)
Compensation: hourly rate commensurate with experience + opportunity to earn
bonuses when monthly goals are achieved
Background + job requirements:
Minimum of 5+ years of expanded duties dental assisting including: making
temporaries, seating crowns, assisting in RCT, surgery, implants, etc. Must have
a history of presenting treatment, encouraging patients to schedule treatment
(sales ability), and being an advocate for the doctor. All other usual and
customary Assisting functions, including but not limited to:
• Make preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations
for mounting study casts.
• Clean and polish removable appliances.
• Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
• Record treatment information in patient records.
• Take dental diagnostic x-rays.
• Actively provide hand instruments and materials as needed to Dentist
during exams and procedures in order to help maintain patient comfort and
• Using and maintaining hazard control protocols as established by OSHA and
• Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and
• Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team
• All operatories are to be fully stocked, clean and set up completely.
• When patient is dismissed, clean operatory and set up for next patient.
• Maintain inventory of supplies. Order supplies as needed and never allow
for an item to run out completely. Maintain ordering within the allotted budget.
• Perform routine equipment maintenance and determining when and what kind
of maintenance is needed.
• Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
• Support the Dentist by presenting their treatment plan and providing
education through explaining necessary treatment as well as educational videos
that pertain to patients’ diagnosis and treatment.
• Before dismissing patients always check chart for outstanding treatment
and coordinate with Dentist and/or Office Manager for Treatment Presentations and
• Before dismissing patients with no outstanding treatment, check to see if
their next hygiene appointment is already scheduled. All patients must leave with
an appointment. Coordinate with the Office Manager when we will be following up
with the patient by phone if they did not schedule.
*Open Dental experience is preferred, or a strong proficiency in other main
systems + willingness to learn.
**CEREC experience a plus (not required but preferred)
***Corporate or large practice group experience also a strong plus
Committed to solving problems instead of complaining
Strong analytical abilities
Personal life doesn't interfere with work
Please email your resume to [please sign-in to view contact information], along with your wage
requirements and why you are interested in our practice, and your best contact
number. We will be in touch to schedule an interview if you are a fit.