Front Desk/Insurance Coordinator/Treatment Coordinator
Summary of position:
Responsible for overall treatment communication, financial presentation, case
management and follow up. Responsible for scheduling to meet production goals and
collecting payments in a timely manner.
1. Answer and respond to telephone calls with professionalism and accuracy.
2. Schedule patients to meet daily clinical production goals.
3. Attempt to schedule delayed treatment through a detailed follow up
4. Attempt to reschedule all broken and cancelled clinical appointments and
fill any clinical schedule openings.
5. Make adjustments to the schedule when needed, as discussed in the morning
1. Collect monies from patient at time of treatment, post them and give
receipts (walk-out statements). Responsible for financial arrangements and
coordinating financial collection.
2. Offer Care Credit as a payment option
3. Make a definite financial agreement for the next clinical appointment with
each patient in accordance with the financial policy of the office.
4. File all insurance claims with supporting documentation.
5. Follow up on all claims that are not paid within 30 days.
6. Post all charges and payments received by mail. Posting is shared with
7. Prepare bank deposit slips and see that it matches checks and cash posted.
Give to Doctor to make deposit in the bank
8. Keep front desk collection statistics, daily and monthly
9. Complete the emergency/ new patient computer info when these patients call.
10. Reconcile provider history sheets to today’s day-sheet to insure all
patient charges have been entered and accounted for.
Morning Meeting Responsibilities:
1. Monitor month to date collections versus monthly goal.
2. Report on scheduled production versus goal.
3. Report on status of production “blocks” for the upcoming week.
4. Pinpoint patients with financial concerns on the daily schedule and discuss
with the team the plan of action.
Team and Doctor Support:
1. Make and distribute copies of the schedule. As schedule changes occur in
the workday, notify all providers of changes in the sterilization room
2. Able to work with the doctors and convey needs to staff in a participatory
3. Help support staff as needed.
4. Be an active participant in all staff meetings/ huddles.
5. Perform other tasks and duties assigned by the dentist
6. Review the office for a neat, professional appearance and make the
Team Meeting Responsibilities:
1. Report on production versus goal and over the counter collection