The Sterile Processing Technician performs cleaning, decontamination,
processing, sterilization, packaging, distributing, storing and delivery of
sterile goods, instruments, trays and equipment.
• Responsible for decontamination and cleaning of all equipment and
instrumentation; ensures cleanliness and sterility of all instruments.
• Evaluates functioning of equipment; reports malfunction of equipment and
instrumentation and follows through to insure appropriate repairs are complete
and maintenance performed.
• Accurately assembles instruments sets based on established count sheets;
effectively uses materials and supplies to assemble instrument sets and minimize
• Appropriately prepares and packages single instrument items.
• Differentiates items that require steam versus cold sterilization.
• Stores, delivers, and manages sterile supplies using aseptic technique.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe environment and work habits.
• Establishes appropriate priority to multiple demands and requests.
• Uses equipment and instrumentation properly to prevent damage.
• Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing treatment rooms after each use.
• Responsible for maintaining MDS sheets on every product in office.
Qualifications and skills:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Physically capable of transporting supplies and equipment
• Must have basic computer skills and keyboard training.
Physically capable of standing for 9 hours to fulfill job responsibilities. Good
visual acuity, accurate color vision. Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel,
crouch and/or crawl. Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel
fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size and shape. Ability to lift
25-pounds and instrument trays. Ability to push heavy equipment, on wheels.
Ability to speak and hear.
Please call xxx.xxx.xxxx to schedule an interview. On the job training