Dental Claims Specialist
DECA Dental Group the largest privately held Dental company in Texas. Due to
growth, we are seeking someone with a proven track record leading billing,
revenue management, credentialing while driving strategies that maximize payment
processes to help our continuous growth and expand our Insurance platform.
Supports DECA Dental Group’s Billing Department by filing and processing claims
to align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
This position will be reporting directly to the Director of Insurance and will
play an instrumental role in expanding the DECA brand.
Job Duties and Requirements:
• Communicate with and builds a positive relationship with assigned
offices by mail, email, and telephone to facilitate timely payment of premiums
• Communicate with offices to ensure proper x-rays and documentation are
• Examine and analyze patient ledgers to determine proper billing
• Communicate effectively with various insurance companies to verify and
resolve any discrepancies
• Submits dental claims to insurance companies online, by mail, and by fax
• Review EOB’s to ensure all procedures are paid correctly and in a timely
• Appeal non-paid procedures by either calling or sending a narrative
• Report overpayments and underpayments to management
• Work aging report to ensure all claims are paid properly
• Review delinquent accounts and send appropriate correspondence
• Performs other duties as required to support the Billing Department
Education & Background Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• A minimum 1 year of experience in dentistry with knowledge of electronic
• Intermediate to advanced computer use and data entry skills required
• Ability to read Dental X-Rays
• Experience with Eaglesoft or Dentrix preferred
• Dental chairside experience is a plus
• Ability to provide friendly and positive customer service to offices
Compensation will commensurate with experience.
Benefits include 3 medical plans to choose from; free dental benefits for the
employee, their spouse, and dependent children; ancillary health plans: vision,
long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, and accident
coverage; paid holidays; and paid-time-off.