At O’Trafford Dental Specialists we are looking to hire one Part time Registered
Dental Hygienist. We are a boutique specialty dental office, offering periodontal
and Endodontics services, located in Boston on Commonwealth Avenue.
We are looking for a candidate with high quality technical skills, strong emphasis
on excellent customer service skills, highly professional and presentable, great
communications skills, able to work well on their own and with coworkers,
extremely organized and punctual.
Absolutely Required: Massachusetts Licensed Registered Dental Hygienist, Must be
fluent in English.
Recommended: 2 Years experience as RDH in a Periodontics and Endodontic office,
Trained in HIPAA and OSHA compliance, knowledge of Dentrix Ascend software,
familiar with Sirona 3D X-ray machine.
Main Responsibilities include:
1. Conduct high quality cleaning with routine 60 minute hygiene appointments, which
includes 15 minute charting and 45 minute scaling and polishing and making notes.
2. Perform periodontal charting at each recall visit, and probings over 4mm
documented and patients that require further treatment including scaling and root
planning, pocket elimination, grafting or extractions and any other observations or
3. Take required radiographs: bite wing radiographs and PA on any area were a
problem is noted and for new patients if qualified an take FMX. If required take 3D
X-rays. Hygiene and radiographs should be performed by the hygienist solely without
the need for assistants, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
4. Punctuality is critical, must be at the office 30 minutes before the first
patient and to finish 30 minutes after the last patient, to finish all the relevant
notes and to clean the room.
5. Professionalism and Presentability: We also expect that all staff to wear scrubs
including hygienists. Professional conduct at all times, including limited chatting
between patients and staff so each patient is seen in a timely fashion.
6. Keeping the Hygiene room organized and tidy at all times and notifying us of any
need for further supplies.
7. Team Spirit: working well with other staff and good communication to create a