Purpose and summary of role
The Practice Front Office Team Member is responsible for performing a variety of
patient facing, office, and general front office duties. This position requires
one to communicate professionally and effectively with patients, the practice
team, Regional Team and the Shared Services Team. It also requires excellent
time management and organizational skills. The purpose of this role is to engage
with patients, answer the practice phone, schedule patients, discuss treatment
plans and finance options, verify patient benefits, and accurately collect
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are
required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities
may change at any time with or without notice.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be detail orientated and organized
• Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and desk top
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Must pass criminal background check
Preferred Education and Experience
• 1-year experience working in a dental office.
• Use of dental/medical technology.
• Dentrix & Cloud 9 Software
• Billing Experience.
• Understand basic financial concepts.
• Customer Service Oriented and Professional Demeanor.
• Understand, calculate and communicate treatment plans.
• Ability to communicate professionally in person and over the phone.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
• Current CPR certification
• Employee must submit to a post offer, pre-employment physical
examination/medical history check.
• Employee must be required to submit to an annual Tuberculosis (TB) and
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
• Greet, welcome and respond to patients as they arrive to their
appointment in a friendly and professional manner.
• File, retrieve and maintain detailed patient's records and for Dental
Assistant, Hygienist, Dentist or Office Manager.
• Answer incoming calls and make outgoing calls to patients for
appointment booking, reschedule and other patient concerns.
• Responsible for patients scheduling and confirming appointments
• Proactively work to fill hygiene and operative appointment openings.
• Timely and accurately process payments, collect co-pays, deductibles and
other payments from the patient.
• Responsible for coordinating treatment appointments with referring
• Ensure proper documentation is made on all patient charts and on the
treatment plan sheet prior to patients' departure or for new patients prior to
• Work with Dental Assistants,Dentist or Office Manager to gather all lab
statements and invoices to reconcile with lab bills.
• Verify insurance information and communicate service charges and other
cost implications to the patient.
• May assist with presenting and/or explaining treatment plans
• Required to follow all OSHA and HIPPA laws and regulations
• Follow any practice procedures to keep area and front office tidy.
• The job description provides a framework for the job and is not an all-
inclusive list of duties required for this job, other duties may be assigned as
• Communication Proficiency
• Customer/Client Focus
• Ethical Conduct
• Team Oriented
• Organizational Skills
• Time Management
This job operates in a medical/clinical environment. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets and fax machines.
• The physical demand described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
• The employee frequently is required to talk and hear; stand for long
periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands
and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to blood and blood-borne pathogens and/or physical risks, which will
require OSHA training.
*Bilingual is required
Position Type and Expectations of Work Hours
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday
30-45 hours a week.